• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to Upload 1000s new products in a bulk?

Could some one please help?...

I need to upload 1000s new products onto my website and was wondering if its possible to do in a bulk rather then one by one? I am using (osCommerce 2.2-MS2)

My IT man has gone awal and I don't know anything about uploading products in a bulk, as I only new how to do them one by one....

I have been told that “Easypopulate” - a util which is made for the job does it, but no further info….

I would really appreciate if someone could take me through the whole process, as I have no idea.

Also need help on how to update the banners on the top of the front page. When I use the banner manager in OsComms, it only appears to place the banner at the bottom of the page and no option of how to move it.

Thanks in advance

here are a few in the contribution section, choose one that will work for your needed HERE

HTH

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Thanks for your reply rabbitseffort.

I still need full instructions of what I need to do! I just don't know what needs to be done. I gather that I will have to install the program but don't know how/where or if I can just do it from my admin panel or does it have to be done by a IT person on the server or somthing.

Could someone please help!

Contributions come with instructions on how to install them. Once installed, you can download a file from your database to start off with. That will give you the needed format. Then it is just a matter of entering the products and uploading the file.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

A few times I've had to upload a lot of products at once I've just use sql and put the dirrectly into the database without using osc as an interface. You'll need at "IT" guy to help, but it can be done fast if you have the descriptions, names and quantities already entered in some type of electronic form.

that is what easy populate does without the need of an IT guy

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Archived