• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need help URGENT! Error Message?

new OS guy

A person that i created a website for called me today and said that his site was not working. I went to the URL and I got this message:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'the0724308140450'@'p3slh078.shr.phx3.secureserver.net' (using password: YES) in /home/content/p/o/o/poolstore/html/catalog/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

can someone help? is it something he did on the admin side? maybe the hosting?

thanx

My guess is that either

catalog/includes/configure.php was changed and the user/password/database entries were modified

or the mysql data base that the configure.php points to was changed (user/password).

Check both sides and make sure they have the same user and passwords.

My guess is that either

catalog/includes/configure.php was changed and the user/password/database entries were modified

or the mysql data base that the configure.php points to was changed (user/password).

Check both sides and make sure they have the same user and passwords.

Thanks for the fast response.. im the only one that has access to the configure.php file and i havent touched it. just in case though how would i change that stuff?

Any editor of your choice for the configure.php

You'll need something like phpMyAdmin to get at the database, of course if someone changed the password on the DB server then you'll need to get in touch with your shared host provider for access to sync up the DB with the configure.php file.

Archived