• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal

dets03ab

Hi I have finnished my oscommerce catalog and have decided to use a PayPal solution as gateway. Problem is I am not a hardcore programmer so hope I could get some help from some here on a step by step basis what I do from now on (I have not downloaded any other additions to the Oscommerce and catalog is finnished.)

How do I integrate the Paypal so the customer data is still saved in their customer accounts in OsCommerce?

Looking very much forward for your replies.

Kind regards

Dets

Hi I have finnished my oscommerce catalog and have decided to use a PayPal solution as gateway. Problem is I am not a hardcore programmer so hope I could get some help from some here on a step by step basis what I do from now on (I have not downloaded any other additions to the Oscommerce and catalog is finnished.)

How do I integrate the Paypal so the customer data is still saved in their customer accounts in OsCommerce?

Looking very much forward for your replies.

Kind regards

Dets

Whatever paypal contrib you install, it is is done. The choice of which one you install is yours.

Do i need to install some oscommerce addon??

There is the default paypal, and there are the paypal ipn (instant payment notication) versions. IPN is best, but you chose which one. Checkout the contributions area.

There is the default paypal, and there are the paypal ipn (instant payment notication) versions. IPN is best, but you chose which one. Checkout the contributions area.

Does the paypal buttons only allow to buy one item at a time :huh: ? If the customers have e.g. 5 items in their cart paypal can not work with this :o?

Hi

I have installed a paypal (not the IPN) and it dose not send back the the order confermation once the the payment has been excepeted if the custome dose not click on the finish button to send them back to my site...

dose the IPN verstion do this, if so how do i set it up cos there are a lot more option and i am not to sure what they are?

There has been 4 purchases and 1 of them was done correctly and 3 of them was siting in paypal and not it osc...

any ideas?

Cheers Neil.

Hi

I have installed a paypal (not the IPN) and it dose not send back the the order confermation once the the payment has been excepeted if the custome dose not click on the finish button to send them back to my site...

dose the IPN verstion do this, if so how do i set it up cos there are a lot more option and i am not to sure what they are?

There has been 4 purchases and 1 of them was done correctly and 3 of them was siting in paypal and not it osc...

any ideas?

Cheers Neil.

You need the IPN version, it sends the authorisation separately so it doesn't matter is your customer doesn't return to your website.