• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fatal Error : PLEASE HELP!

ace21gabriel

Ok, well I just installed the osc Affiiliate mod. it all seemed to work well accept for what I have below. please let me know if you can help. Thanks.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare affiliate_check_url() (previously declared in /home/content/e/l/i/eliteneo/html/includes/functions/affiliate_functions.php:17) in /home/content/e/l/i/eliteneo/html/includes/functions/affiliate_functions.php on line 17

Anyone know what this means or how to fix it? The link is

https://www.mrairsoft.com//affiliate_affiliate.php

Thanks.

Barring a PHP coding error, the usual problem with the:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare blah..blah..blah

Is to look at your "includes" and "requires" in your PHP code.

It appears you have one too many "requires" or "includes" for affiliate_functions.php

It can only be "required" or "included" ONCE, or you get the error you're experiencing...

:blush:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Start in your /index.php

Then move on to /affiliate_affiliate.php

The link you posted works now.

Is your problem resolved?

:unsure:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Yeah, what you told me worked. Thanks alot!

But now I have found another problem. When I try to build a link nothing shows up in the code box.

And on the confirmation e-mail it has some weird adress that isn't mine. As well as the about and support pages have default texts on them. where do I edit them?

Thanks a bunch.

The default texts for pages are in:

/includes/languages/english

folder under the same name as the page.

Example:

The default text for "contact_us.php" is in:

/includes/languages/english/contact_us.php

The "weird" email address is a result of your account configuration. There is a way to set-up email addresses thru your control panel provided by your web host. They all differ, so I can't post specific instructions.

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Ok, what you told me about the pages works. Thanks alot on that. But in my stores configuration the weird e-mail adress was not on it anywhere. Im guessing it's somewhere in osCommerce. Also, where do i go to change the links & titles of the Affiliate Section Like I want it to Say Just Information not Affiliate Information for the link and for Affiliate Program I want it to say Referral Program

There's an email address setup in your osC admin, see what it's set to.

Can you post a link to the affiliate contribution you installed, and I'll see if I can help change the links and titles?

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Also, where do i go to change the links & titles of the Affiliate Section Like I want it to Say Just Information not Affiliate Information for the link and for Affiliate Program I want it to say Referral Program

In /catalog/includes/languages/affiliate_english.php

Change:

define('BOX_AFFILIATE_INFO', 'Affiliate Information');

To:

define('BOX_AFFILIATE_INFO', 'Information');

Change:

define('BOX_AFFILIATE_FAQ', 'Affiliate Program FAQ');

To:

define('BOX_AFFILIATE_FAQ', 'Referral Program FAQ');

That work for you?

Not sure about the last one.

It's not clear to me exactly which link you're wanting to change there ...

:huh:

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

I'm assuming the "build a link that doesn't work" is the affiliate mod you just installed.

Can you tell/give me an example of what it does/doesn't do, and tell me what it is supposed to do?

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Looks like I've reached the end of my rope on this one....

If it worked a little bit, I may be able to figure out why it doesn't work "all the way".

Being that it doesn't do anything - Well, I haven't a clue where to begin.

:huh:

If all it's doing is "building links" (to products in your catalog I presume), you don't need a program to do that. It is possible to do that on your own. Albeit a program to do it for you does make things easier.

If you can give an example of what these "links" are supposed to do, maybe I could help a little there.

And just what are you to do with these "links" after building them?

Other than that, I haven't a clue where to begin.

The only thing I could suggest is to go back thru the install instructions and be absolutely certain you've done everything, exactly like it says to do it.

:blink:

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

You have another thread ongoing in another forum here concerning this, maybe something will come of that.

I don't have a clue how to help any more other than what I've already posted...

Sorry....

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Archived