• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Removing columns and boxes on certain pagesH

mblessed

Hello it is me again. I submitted my sites to the feedback forum and I made some of the changes they suggested but I have hit a brick wall now.

Is there anyone out there that can tell me how to delete the right and left columns but only on the cart contents and the entire check out process.

Also if someone could help me get rid of those grey squares on the corners. I have tried and tried the suggestions from this forum but it is not working. I do not know what I am doing wrong.

And finally if someone could help me move my information box to my header. I found the topic in this forum and it will put it in the header but I am a newbie and not very good yet, I do not know how to change the box size so that it will fit correctly.

Hopefully once this is done I will get a better review from the feedback forum.

Please I have racked my brain trying to make these corrections.

Thank you in advance.

The columns are called in every root level file, shopping_cart.php and checkout_shipping.php for example. If you don't want them on a particular page, just remove the call for them.

MAKE A BACKUP OF ANY FILE YOU ARE GOING TO CHANGE FIRST

Left column call. Replace this

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">
 <tr>
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>

with this

<tr>
<td></td>

Right column call. Replace this

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>

with this

<td></td>

The easiest way to remove the grey corners is to replace the corner gifs with transparent ones. There are some in the contributions section, although I think they maintain the rounded corners. If you want square corners but are unable to make them yourself, PM me your email addy and I'll send you some.

To include an infobox into your header requires a little more work. You need to remove the call from column_left.php and put it into a cell in includes/header.php, remove the table row and cell from includes/boxes/information.php and also the "new infoBoxHeading" call from the same file.

Let me know if you get stuck.

The columns are called in every root level file, shopping_cart.php and checkout_shipping.php for example. If you don't want them on a particular page, just remove the call for them.

MAKE A BACKUP OF ANY FILE YOU ARE GOING TO CHANGE FIRST

Left column call. Replace this

<tr>
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>

with this

<tr>
<td></td>

Right column call. Replace this

<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>

with this

<td></td>

The easiest way to remove the grey corners is to replace the corner gifs with transparent ones. There are some in the contributions section, although I think they maintain the rounded corners. If you want square corners but are unable to make them yourself, PM me your email addy and I'll send you some.

To include an infobox into your header requires a little more work. You need to remove the call from column_left.php and put it into a cell in includes/header.php, remove the table row and cell from includes/boxes/information.php and also the "new infoBoxHeading" call from the same file.

Let me know if you get stuck.

Thank you, Thank you , Thank you!!!

Archived