• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

payment module and USPS

install.php

I haven't been using oscommerce for a few months, but now am going to reinstate my site. I synched with the latest CVS (11/21/02).

I selected cc/check/paypal as payment modules, only cc shows up on check out. check and paypal configuration is complete. I understand payment modules need to fit the new checkout process. Can someone tell me if paypal and check are already modified, or is it just me?

I selected USPS and provided url/username/password to USPS apis (they used to work a few months ago). USPS comes with error on checkout, while UPS is fine. I double checked my username/password, they allow me in USPS web tools site, so I assume they are still good. I set up my store zip code in admin tool, cuz UPS needs it. Is there another trick to make USPS work?

Thanks.

The username/password that USPS sends you is for logging into their test server. To activate your account for a production environment, you have to call them and have them activate it, or it won't work. They have an 800 number. I know it was in a post earlier, and unfortunately I don't have it handy.

Archived