• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

i see this error on top

Azim

hello,

i see the following page on top of my page, how do i set the proper user permissions.

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: public_html/shop/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

hello,

i see the following page on top of my page, how do i set the proper user permissions.

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: public_html/shop/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

It basically means anybody can open and mess with the store configuration.

The file it refers to is set to read/write from the outside. You don't want that . . . you need to reset the permissions on it to read only. 744 should be enough, if you're unsure google 'chmod' (depends on your setup, but that's the most likely).

Hello Sdrio,

I changed the permissions to read for user and group, but it still shows the same error.

Actually i uploaded the oscommerce template and the includes folder have .htaccess file. do i need to change anything in that or do i even need that file in includes folder.

Archived