• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Absolute beginner... Please help!

chiko930

I'm wondering if someone can help me because I haven't got a clue what I'm meant to do and my webhost has been useless and just said I need to contact oscommerce about this.

I've just started creating my first website and would like to add products to this site which I can sell. I've signed up with dot5hosting and I've installed the Oscommerce and it's in my applications. Whenever I click on it I get sent here:

https://df12.dot5hosting.com/~divinesh/osCo...talog/index.php

I think it's a sample site... I've tried to log in with my webhost details but I can't and I'm not sure whether I'm meant to register a new account because it seems to be for customers rather than for someone wishing to sell things.

All I want is to create listings for my products which I can put up on my site but I haven't got a clue how to do this. I went to www.oscommerce.com and it tells me about the company and what it provides but I still don't know how to implement it.

It would be great if someone could let me know where to start... I'm a complete beginner at selling things online. I was told it would be easy but so far I'm understanding nothing!

You need to purchase a domain name, if you have not already, and point it to your host. The url you provided is a temporary one for the site to work with locally, or so it seems. You reach your admin by going to this page. The login, if you don't know it, can probably be changed in your hosts control panel. Once into the admin section, you can easily add products, change settings and so on.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you so much! I'm not sure how you got that url but it's worked :o)

I'm not sure if my domain has been set up yet because I only signed up yesterday so I'm hoping I won't run into any more problems once everything's set up properly.

Thanks again for your help

Archived