• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

cai i add oscommerce to an existing html site?

glassbak

Hello-very new to shopping carts, can't fathom from any forums if I can add OSC to an existing html site, or one I will be creating in html using dreamweaver. Never done a php site so am reluctant to try unless i have to-looks too hard! Thanks in anticipation-glassbak

Hello-very new to shopping carts, can't fathom from any forums if I can add OSC to an existing html site, or one I will be creating in html using dreamweaver. Never done a php site so am reluctant to try unless i have to-looks too hard! Thanks in anticipation-glassbak

You would be better off using osc as your main site and link your other stuff from it.

of course you can, it isn't hard at all.

just take the core code out of the osc files in the root and copy the top php instructions to the top of your html pages and copy everything in each osc page from body text beginning to end in your main area of your html page and then add the call for application_bottom.php to the bottom of each html page.

I have done it many times, it works fine.

Of course you can edit header.php, classes/boxes.php, footer.php and stylesheet.php to get a very custom look as well.

I have also done this method many times and it works fine.

Both methods work great for giving the admin a great custom look as well.

there are contributions like STS and others but I have never used any of those and can not speak about them.

HTH

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

of course you can, it isn't hard at all.

just take the core code out of the osc files in the root and copy the top php instructions to the top of your html pages and copy everything in each osc page from body text beginning to end in your main area of your html page and then add the call for application_bottom.php to the bottom of each html page.

I have done it many times, it works fine.

Of course you can edit header.php, classes/boxes.php, footer.php and stylesheet.php to get a very custom look as well.

I have also done this method many times and it works fine.

Both methods work great for giving the admin a great custom look as well.

there are contributions like STS and others but I have never used any of those and can not speak about them.

HTH

I totally agree with the above assesment as well as can vouch for STS. All of the above would do the trick. STS would assist greatly in implementing your current site's design into osC.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I totally agree with the above assesment as well as can vouch for STS. All of the above would do the trick. STS would assist greatly in implementing your current site's design into osC.

Thanks Bill, will put aside some time to look into this seriously.

What i also need is a seamless search function to work with the shopping cart-can this be done with OSC in a dreamweaver html site? Thanks for helping me in my ignorance!

Thanks Bill, will put aside some time to look into this seriously.

What i also need is a seamless search function to work with the shopping cart-can this be done with OSC in a dreamweaver html site? Thanks for helping me in my ignorance!

Stevan, you can use the "built-in" search function within osCommerce or add one of the other search contributions.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Archived