• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

web based manager in cpanel

Where can I find the web based manager in the cpanel to change these file permissions. I am really angry now. This is a really silly set up. I have a problem with changing the enable_ssl in the configure.php for days each time I try to fix the condition from true to false I am stuck. Would someone just write out in details for me.

If your webhost offers Cpanel....you simply click on File Manager and then navigate your way to catalog>includes>configure.php and change the word from True to False and save the file.

However....if you're seeking to change actual file PERMISSIONS....my experience is that cannot be done via Cpanel. You can attempt to change them and save, but...but the save will not take.

If you need to edit the file permissions of configure.php....you will have to open a FTP program....like Smart FTP which can be downloaded and installed for free (just Google it)...and navigate your way to that file...right click on it...click on Chmod...and change the permission of the file.

I've been reading your posts for days now. Sounds to me like you should write your webhost. They may be denying you authority to change that file, for whatever reason. Tell them....HEY!!!!!

I need to change catalog>includes>configure.php to set enable SSL to FALSE. It's set at TRUE for some reason and it's wrecking my site!

Archived