• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Different Pricing For Different Logins

Hi All,

I have been using osCommerce for quite some time now and have just been asked a question by a client:

Can there be different pricing for different logins? For example, if a user was flagged as a 'dealer' could the product prices all be 15% higher than if the user was flagged a 'wholesaler'?

My initial feeling was that osCommerce is not able to offer different product prices for different users, but perhaps I am wrong? Your assistance is appreciated!

Hi All,

I have been using osCommerce for quite some time now and have just been asked a question by a client:

Can there be different pricing for different logins? For example, if a user was flagged as a 'dealer' could the product prices all be 15% higher than if the user was flagged a 'wholesaler'?

My initial feeling was that osCommerce is not able to offer different product prices for different users, but perhaps I am wrong? Your assistance is appreciated!

i dont think it is yet ready for this although there may well be a contrib knocking about that adds this function, maybe you could write one, you only need to work out which tables relate to the user, add an extra field to it called statur or something similar, Once you have done that write some code that checked this field to see if the user has been marked as a cunsumer retailer or wholesaler..

all sounds difficult but it needent be

Archived