• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

further to cannot write to configure.file

Hello there,

Thank you for you advice. It is always appreciated. The thing is that I am missing several links to this puzzle. Here is what I have to work with.

I am using file manager but admin is selected as soon as it is opened. I then click on includes. The configure.php file is not displayed at this point. I have to click on that folder Includes to see the configure.php file. It seems to be a subfolder under admin. When I click on includes folder, the configure.php file is displayed; when I click on configure.php file it gives me the edit button;

when I click on the edit button I only see the cancel button which is a strong indicator that

it is read only mode. I cannot write to it.

Question: Do I have to go back to installation to change the status from read only

to read/write. please let me know.

Andrea

Hello there,

Thank you for you advice. It is always appreciated. The thing is that I am missing several links to this puzzle. Here is what I have to work with.

I am using file manager but admin is selected as soon as it is opened. I then click on includes. The configure.php file is not displayed at this point. I have to click on that folder Includes to see the configure.php file. It seems to be a subfolder under admin. When I click on includes folder, the configure.php file is displayed; when I click on configure.php file it gives me the edit button;

when I click on the edit button I only see the cancel button which is a strong indicator that

it is read only mode. I cannot write to it.

Question: Do I have to go back to installation to change the status from read only

to read/write. please let me know.

Andrea

No i had an issue on my server that i could not change the file properties through ftp, unusual as i never had that problem with any other file but none the less i have with that file, you need to access your file via a web based file manager, cpanel has one and most if not all good control panels allow you to change file permissions, just remove all write permissions this will be sufficient to stop the file being writable although the file is still readable if you feel this is an issue of security then one by one remove read permisions remember to check the site is still working correctly between each change

Archived