• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Categories.php not uploading images, please help, thanks

rabbitseffort

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

this forum is screwy right now, my entire posts are not going thru, here is a link to a page with the details, please advise:

http://mindzeyedesignz.com/cat_file.php

thanks in advance!

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

an update to this is the image is uploading to the server just fine, just the database is not getting the image name and is leaving that blank, I just got back to editing this site and realized this, hoping someone will take a look and help me see why this is happening, it is just a databse write thing, but all the other product info is getting written fine, header tag, description, everything but the image name although it is uploading

Any suggestions welcome

thanks

---Margaret Mead---

--Ken Kesey"

You should start from following line - and verify if IF condition is getting executed

if ($categories_image = new upload('categories_image', DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES)) {
tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " set categories_image = '" . tep_db_input($categories_image->filename) . "' where categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "'");
}

and what is contained in SQL query if above section does get executed.

That would guide, where to look further. If new upload(); does not return TRUE for what ever reason... database would not get updated.

Cheers

Gaurav

Best Regards,
Gaurav

thanks for that, a new eye on it helps a lot, my eyes are screwy right now from building 3 sites at the same time

Thanks for taking a look, I will start refreshed now and take a look

---Margaret Mead---

--Ken Kesey"

thanks for that, a new eye on it helps a lot, my eyes are screwy right now from building 3 sites at the same time

Thanks for taking a look, I will start refreshed now and take a look

Thanks for your update. Wish you good luck :)

Cheers

Gaurav

Best Regards,
Gaurav

Archived