• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

register_globals is disabled

glennkil

Hi I just did an auto install via cpanel for os commerce and I get this error

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

As I dont uderstand php very well can someone tell me what to do please to get this working.

Cheers - Glenn

Hi I just did an auto install via cpanel for os commerce and I get this error

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

As I dont uderstand php very well can someone tell me what to do please to get this working.

Cheers - Glenn

go here and read this post:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=47819

That has me totally confused. Why are these things never simple.

If they would be easy everybody would have a shop in internet :) Dont give up mate :)

Just download one of contributions Register Globals v1.5 (w/ bugfix 2) - Patch Files Only of the http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...register+global

and upload them on to ur server

:thumbsup:

Thanks for that.

Unfortunately I havent got much further as I dont rally understand (dumb I know).

I downloaded on of the files but when I extracted it all I got was a .txt file with nothing to upload ? did I do something wrong ?

:thumbsup:

Thanks for that.

Unfortunately I havent got much further as I dont rally understand (dumb I know).

I downloaded on of the files but when I extracted it all I got was a .txt file with nothing to upload ? did I do something wrong ?

Download the file of the Register Globals v1.5 (w/ bugfix 2) - Patch Files Only topic there are files...

Is there a help file somewhere with that ? I now have the files but don't know what to do with them :)

It says all in admin_patch and catalog_patch wot to change... admi_patch u edit files in Your admin catalog, the catalog_patch u edit files in main catalog on server

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I have unzipped the files and now have a main folder enititled :

Register Globals v1.5 - Patch Files

inside this folder is another called

catalog

inside that folder are 3 called

admin, install and includes.

Can you let me know which folder I am uploading ? also can you tell me where to upload it to

my os commerce on my server is in a file called

whitby-tackle-supplies

in that folder are 5 more entitled

admin, download, images, includes, pub

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you could let me know what goes where it would be appreciated. Thanks for sticking with me on this one as it has been a tad confusing for me. :) :thumbsup:

Archived