• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What is the order total module?

HiSoC8Y

• 2 months later...

Ok, let me continue with this question. The issue is probably a very trivial one to most of you.

But I, as the starter of this thread, am having difficulties to interpret what exactly is meant by order total modules. What are the main functionalities that this category modules offer? Why isn't they called just order modues? What does the total stand for?

For example, I'm trying to figure out which module would be the most suitable for me to place orders manually. Are these manual order modules part of order total modules. What are the keys that makes a module an order total module?

Sorry about the simple and probably even a stupid question, but lack of this knowledge is scattering my big picture about this ocs entirety...

Ok, let me continue with this question. The issue is probably a very trivial one to most of you.

But I, as the starter of this thread, am having difficulties to interpret what exactly is meant by order total modules. What are the main functionalities that this category modules offer? Why isn't they called just order modues? What does the total stand for?

For example, I'm trying to figure out which module would be the most suitable for me to place orders manually. Are these manual order modules part of order total modules. What are the keys that makes a module an order total module?

Sorry about the simple and probably even a stupid question, but lack of this knowledge is scattering my big picture about this ocs entirety...

There are a few manual order editor type of addons in the contributions section. I don't use one, so I can't recommend any.

There are a few manual order editor type of addons in the contributions section. I don't use one, so I can't recommend any.

Yes, I have seen at least some of those and I will post a question about those in a while. Can you say something about my actual question: "What modules are categorized as order total modules?" Any module that has at least something to do with placing on order? As far as I can think the whole system is pretty much about placing orders...

I repeat that I can imagine this question may not even sound as a valid question, if you know your way really good with OSC. But for me it is not so clear.

Yes, I have seen at least some of those and I will post a question about those in a while. Can you say something about my actual question: "What modules are categorized as order total modules?" Any module that has at least something to do with placing on order? As far as I can think the whole system is pretty much about placing orders...

I repeat that I can imagine this question may not even sound as a valid question, if you know your way really good with OSC. But for me it is not so clear.

OK. When you have an order, the costs are produced in a way that product cost, tax, shipping, loworder fee, subtotal, total etc are displayed on the order in a way that suits you and your tax rea (for the want of a better word).

The OT modules control this by setting sort order, display true or false, etc.

So, they are provided to give the flexibilty to do what you want, easily.