Jump to content
  • Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

address links not showing in address bar


nafri

Recommended Posts

i made few changes to the site using htc and sts.both of them function properly but in theaddress bar all i get now is the name of my site

e.g www.sitename.com.

 

if i click on any links the page gets updated but the link in address bar does not .If i copy a link to a product and paste that to the address bar , it displays the page and and the address bar shows the right link..

 

e.g http://www.sitename.com/product_info.php?c...oducts_id=18774.

 

then if i click on any other links they all show up in the address bar.If i then reload the site in a new browser window and click on a product. all it shows is just the site name.not the url to the product .

 

i cleared cache and cookies in my browser and i have asked couple of my friends on different isp to test the site and they get the same error message.

 

I have undid all the changes and i cant seem to fix this. i have disabled sts , htc and chemo seo but it has made no difference..Not sure where the problem is. If

any body has ny ideas i would appreciate it very much..

 

regards

 

nafri

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i made few changes to the site using htc and sts.both of them function properly but in theaddress bar all i get now is the name of my site

e.g www.sitename.com.

 

if i click on any links the page gets updated but the link in address bar does not .If i copy a link to a product and paste that to the address bar , it displays the page and and the address bar shows the right link..

 

e.g http://www.sitename.com/product_info.php?c...oducts_id=18774.

 

then if i click on any other links they all show up in the address bar.If i then reload the site in a new browser window and click on a product. all it shows is just the site name.not the url to the product .

 

i cleared cache and cookies in my browser and i have asked couple of my friends on different isp to test the site and they get the same error message.

 

I have undid all the changes and i cant seem to fix this. i have disabled sts , htc and chemo seo but it has made no difference..Not sure where the problem is. If

any body has ny ideas i would appreciate it very much..

 

regards

 

nafri

 

 

any one :-"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you using frames by any chance?

Or using Domain - Redirect (which introduces frames for you) and keeps only the name in address bar.

 

Need link to your actual site to tell you more, this has got nothing to do with OSC though, unless any contribution is using frames (to the best of my knowledge...)

 

Cheers

Gaurav

Best Regards,
Gaurav

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you using frames by any chance?

Or using Domain - Redirect (which introduces frames for you) and keeps only the name in address bar.

 

Need link to your actual site to tell you more, this has got nothing to do with OSC though, unless any contribution is using frames (to the best of my knowledge...)

 

Cheers

Gaurav

 

 

pm sent

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yahooo... you are using 1&1 as host and they are pumping out your site in frames .. that explains why the header doesn't change - - -trapped this in Firefox (isn't it a wonderful tool :) )

<!--%1&1 IN2SITE FRAME%-->
<HTML><HEAD><script>
vcn="is2437382";
vdb="DB085";
vsu="index.php";
vlg="1";
vtz="Europe/Berlin";
vev="";

vn=navigator;vnn=vn.appName.toLowerCase();
vnp=vn.platform.toLowerCase();vnv=parseInt(vn.appVersion);
vlh=location.href;if((vlh)&&(vlh.indexOf("?")!=-1)){vlh=vlh.split("?");vsu=vlh[1];};
if(vnn.indexOf("netscape")!=-1){if(vnv>4){vnn="ge";}else{vnn="ns";}}else if(vnn.indexOf("explorer")!=-1){vnn="ie";}else{vnn="ns";}
if(vnp.indexOf("mac")!=-1){vnp="mc";}else{vnp="pc";}
function vra(){if((typeof(VARITS9002.ALARM)=="number")){return VARITS9002.ALARM;}else{return 0;}};
function voc(){window.open("http://connect-"+vdb+".in2site.asc-server.com/LC/?S="+VARITS9001.VARITS13+"&U="+vcn+"&B="+vdb,"OC","status=no,scrollbars=no,width=250,height=100,left=0,top=0,dependent=no");};
</SCRIPT></HEAD><script>
document.write("<FRAMESET ROWS=\"100%,*\" BORDER=\"0\" FRAMEBORDER=\"0\">");
document.write("<FRAME SRC=\"/"+vsu+"\" NAME=\"VARITS9002\" NORESIZE>");
document.write("<FRAME SRC=\"/.i2s_system/jss."+vnn+"."+vnp+".html\" NAME=\"VARITS9001\" NORESIZE>");
document.write("<\/FRAMESET>");
</SCRIPT><NOSCRIPT>
<A HREF="/index.php" TARGET="_top">Start</A>
</NOSCRIPT><NOFRAMES>
<A HREF="/index.php" TARGET="_top">Start</A>
</NOFRAMES></HTML>
<!--%1&1 IN2SITE FRAME%-->

 

Check with 1&1 to remove these frames .. and your URL's would start showing up fine.

Cheers,

Gaurav

Best Regards,
Gaurav

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...