• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Higher Calling Music up and running!

Well, I have just gotten to a point with my company's site where I feel it's able to stand on its own.

We are an independent music company, and are in negotiations with some Austin, TX affiliates regarding becoming a label. Currently, along with our main business of promoting and selling the local music Texas' Christian artists, we also offer great rates on printing, booking, recording, etc.

As of now, there certain things on the site that need a little (or a lot of work):

1. More content--I have plans to include a "blog"-esque section that will be linked from our newsletters, any ideas/suggestions for what to use? I'd like to have an embedded Wordpress-style blog section.

2. Replacement of a few stock OSC images (yes, there are still a few stragglers, regrettably).

3. Update and adding of Print Shop products to catalog... we basically offer anything other print shops offer (for half the price), but it takes a VERY long time to add these products w/ all their variables. I will re-post this soon when these offerings are added!

4. Re-work of browser-specifics, such as different display settings in IE (buh...) and Mozilla (the images getting cut apart, borders not aligning perfectly.

5. Minor styling issues... haven't quite decided on the curved borders for everything or just making nicer images for box borders. Let me know....

6. More elaborate and comprehensive FAQ system that incorporates the entire site.

There are many other little things here and there, but the overall idea should certainly be evident... please let me know how you all feel about our ideas, designs, implementations, and whatever else seems to be bugging you!

Thanks,

Nick

Well, I have just gotten to a point with my company's site where I feel it's able to stand on its own.

We are an independent music company, and are in negotiations with some Austin, TX affiliates regarding becoming a label. Currently, along with our main business of promoting and selling the local music Texas' Christian artists, we also offer great rates on printing, booking, recording, etc.

As of now, there certain things on the site that need a little (or a lot of work):

1. More content--I have plans to include a "blog"-esque section that will be linked from our newsletters, any ideas/suggestions for what to use? I'd like to have an embedded Wordpress-style blog section.

2. Replacement of a few stock OSC images (yes, there are still a few stragglers, regrettably).

3. Update and adding of Print Shop products to catalog... we basically offer anything other print shops offer (for half the price), but it takes a VERY long time to add these products w/ all their variables. I will re-post this soon when these offerings are added!

4. Re-work of browser-specifics, such as different display settings in IE (buh...) and Mozilla (the images getting cut apart, borders not aligning perfectly.

5. Minor styling issues... haven't quite decided on the curved borders for everything or just making nicer images for box borders. Let me know....

6. More elaborate and comprehensive FAQ system that incorporates the entire site.

There are many other little things here and there, but the overall idea should certainly be evident... please let me know how you all feel about our ideas, designs, implementations, and whatever else seems to be bugging you!

Thanks,

Nick

Er, how about a link to it?

wow. Okay, that is the dumbest thing I've done today... thanks...

http://www.highercallingmusic.net

Sorry...

OK, got it now.

Looks OK to me.

It seems wider than it needs to be. I'm using 1024 x 768 here, probably most others are, and all the pages are wider than that. It's a definite negative point to have to scroll around to see a whole page, and it doesn't need to be that wide.

Also the rounded corners are really scruffy - they either need cleaning up, or should go . . . !

• 4 weeks later...

Hi nthac2000,

I myself am fairly new to OsCommerce but was reading your post and wanted to give you some info on the blog question. Most hosts offer blog modules such as mine offers 4. The ones that we have access to are the following:

b2evolution

Nucleus

pMachine Free

WordPress

Nucleus seems to be the best out of the four but I certainly am not an expert on blogs. Hope this helps.

Archived