• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SSL

How do I fix the SSL path from HTTPS to Http so that I can get pass my problem with the links for

My account, log your self in and creat an account. I am still getting "page cannot be displayed' when

ever I click on the link

andrea

Well...we share the same name! :)

Okay....the links to areas like Create Account, Login, etc. are SUPPOSED to be secure if you have a SSL cert installed.

Why you're getting Page Not Found?

Either the cert was not installed correctly or you haven't made the appropriate edits to your configure files after installing the certificate.

Check out this link: a little tutorial on how to install your SSL cert and change the config files:

How To Install SSL on OSC

Thank you for your help. I do not have a SSL certificate.

Well...we share the same name! :)

Okay....the links to areas like Create Account, Login, etc. are SUPPOSED to be secure if you have a SSL cert installed.

Why you're getting Page Not Found?

Either the cert was not installed correctly or you haven't made the appropriate edits to your configure files after installing the certificate.

Check out this link: a little tutorial on how to install your SSL cert and change the config files:

How To Install SSL on OSC

Check your catalog>includes>configure.php and make sure SSL is not enabled. Look for this line and make sure yours reads as False, too.

define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

Hi there,

I tried to disable Enable_ssl but I cannot write to that file. Therefore it is impossible to change it to false. What else can I do to change this condition.

andrea

Check your catalog>includes>configure.php and make sure SSL is not enabled. Look for this line and make sure yours reads as False, too.

define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

Hello,

I checked my catalog and I cannot write anything to that file.

It is a simple change from true to false. What is the problem that I cannot make the change. Is there a bug somewhere? I am of the opinion that if the buttom edit comes up that as soon as I activate that I should be able to make the changes but it is not happening. I am disappointed with this system being a computer professional of y many years experience. I could never design a system like this especially in the case of usability. I cannot write to this file. It says edit but I cannot edit the file. Please give me permission to do this. Oscommerce is not really free; there is a charge for web hosting and the cost to list a store is embedded in the cost of the hosting.

Please let me know what to do to move on

ermine

Hi there,

I tried to disable Enable_ssl but I cannot write to that file. Therefore it is impossible to change it to false. What else can I do to change this condition.

andrea

As mentioned in separate thread by you, Please Do Not use Admin File Manager to modify a file that has read only attribute. If you wish to edit files using file manger, ensure that it has RW enabled, File Manager Edit button would let you do what you want.

Download the file using ftp, modify and upload - is recommended for all users. Admin File Manager - in case of slow networks could actually lead to file corruption - and hence not the best choice.

Cheers,

Gaurav

Best Regards,
Gaurav

Hello there,

Thank you for you advice. It is always appreciated. The thing is that I do am missing several links to this puzzle. Here is what I have to work with.

I am using file manager but admin is selected as soon as it is opened. I then click on includes. The configure.php file is not displayed at this point. I have to click on that folder Includes to see the configure.php file. It seems to be a subfolder under admin. When I click on includes folder, the configure.php file is displayed; when I click on confirgure.php file it gives me the edit button.

when I click on the edit button I only see the cancel button which is a strond indicator that

it is read only mode. I cannot write to it.

Question: Do I have to go back to installation to change the status from read only

to read/write. please let me know.

Andrea

As mentioned in separate thread by you, Please Do Not use Admin File Manager to modify a file that has read only attribute. If you wish to edit files using file manger, ensure that it has RW enabled, File Manager Edit button would let you do what you want.

Download the file using ftp, modify and upload - is recommended for all users. Admin File Manager - in case of slow networks could actually lead to file corruption - and hence not the best choice.

Cheers,

Gaurav

Archived