• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to set Free Shipping for US states, while rest of.....

TurboNed

Tried searching here on forums, but nothing that I wanted to hear

Im selling graphics, stickers & banners and just finished setting up my online store.

I would like to offer FREE SHIPPING to my customers all over North America, while rest of the country's will be paying for it, including Canada.

Anyone knows how to do it?

Thanks

You could use the Flat Rate shipping module for US customers and Table Rate or Zone Rates for the rest of the planet.

Canada is pretty cheap, though. Not a considerable amount more to ship there, just pennies more, so...I would offer Free Shipping to Canada, too.

You'll need to create zones. A zone for the US and CA that is applied in the Flat Rate module where you will assign a shipping fee of zero dollars.

You then create zones for the other countries you're willing to ship to and apply those in the Table Rate or Zone Rate module where 1:10.00,2:20;00,etc. Something like that. It's definitely do-able.

andrea above pointed the super long route to do what your admin will already do easily

go to admin---> modules---> order total---> shipping---> there you can set the free shipping in admin for over a certain amount and also specify for national only or international also, just enable the module and set the value to anything over 1 dollar or less depending on your item costs, and set for national only---there, you are done

HTH

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

andrea above pointed the super long route to do what your admin will already do easily

go to admin---> modules---> order total---> shipping---> there you can set the free shipping in admin for over a certain amount and also specify for national only or international also, just enable the module and set the value to anything over 1 dollar or less depending on your item costs, and set for national only---there, you are done

HTH

Thanks for that information, Im set for national shipping, what about international?

Also does National shipping includes Canada too or just US's 50 states?

Archived