• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal / Gift Voucher Problem

xaraya

Maybe I've missed something but I can't figure out how to prevent customers from going to the PayPal page after selecting Ian's "gift voucher" option as the method of payment. When I do get to the PayPal page the payment amount shown is obviously $0.00.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Gregory,

Can you specify which version of credit classGv, osc snapshot, paypal mod you are using.

There should be code in the credit class to catch ordet-total=0, and disable payment class.

Trust me, I'm an Accountant.

I'm using the latest loaded snapshot. However I have updated quite a few files to the current 11/21/02 cvs.

I also replaced catalog/admin/categories.php with the current 11/19/01 cvs on account that there were problems with images being dropped when adding new products. I think this may have to do with a code conflict with the way arrays were being handled in the new cvs and the alternative attribute contrib.

I'll follow your suggestion and let you know what how things turn out soon. Thanks :)

Gregory,

What I meant was that there is already code in credit class to handle this.

When you say you have update file to latest cvs version, how did you do this. Using cvs program.

I'll take a look at paypal ipn to see if their are any incompatiblities.

Trust me, I'm an Accountant.

Ian, unfortunatley I barely know how to hack. When I upgrade from Sourceforge CVS I upgrade newest each file by hand one line of code at a time so as not to disturb all the conrtibs. The last time I used a diff prog I had to scrap evertyhing.

I've looked at many of the files where your credit class exists but don't understand PHP well enough to determine the exact code to change. My best guess was catalogincludesclassesorder_total.php where:

If ($order->info['total'] - $total_deductions <= 0 ) {

$credit_covers = true;

Of couse I have no clue what this really does. I just saw the words order, total, deductions, and 0 and assumed setting true; to false; might have the desired effect :?

Archived