• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I need help too

I already have an online website, so how do I upload the OS program and work on it without disrupting my site that's already running? I really need to change my site so I can have the shopping cart features, which I don't have now. And, is there some way I can print out all the step by step directions. I did download the 2 zip files (oscommerce documentation, and oscommerce2.2rc1.zip). Now to figure out WHAT to do with them?? Please be patient with me... I am really a newbie at this! Just found out about your site yesterday. :blink:

http://www.IdentiFind.com

Thank you, thank you!! In friendship ~ Lauri

:D

Just uploaded the catalog file and get this error:

The webserver is not able to save the installation parameters to its configuration files.

The following files need to have their file permissions set to world-writeable (chmod 777):

/home/laurie/identifind-www/catalog/includes/configure.php

/home/laurie/identifind-www/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

How do I change the file permissions?

Just uploaded the catalog file and get this error:

The webserver is not able to save the installation parameters to its configuration files.

The following files need to have their file permissions set to world-writeable (chmod 777):

/home/laurie/identifind-www/catalog/includes/configure.php

/home/laurie/identifind-www/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

How do I change the file permissions?

Go to your File Manager in your Cpanel (or vdeck whatever your host is using). Click on the file that needs the permissions changed and in the upper right corner, you should see option that enable you to change them. Hope that helps.

Archived