• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Unethical Link Strategies?

razzer10

I just tried to link with a notable site yesterday and was declined. Here is what they wrote:

"The site was declined due to unethical link strategies. The link page that was presented to us seems to be in a data base and has not been cached by the search engines. The link url presented was http://www.mydomain.com/links.php?language...aa3c38e24097dcf. The page does appear to be in Google but the url is not search engine friendly.

All links on the wedding page will not have any benefit and will more likely to do more harm then good. I would suggest that you remove this page and create a links page that is search engine friendly. You have a nice site but anyone that really analyzes their links will not approve your reqest."

I have installed Ultimate SEO URL's installed but does not work for a static php page, or does it?

Don't know what to do to fix? Any help would be great.

Kevin

It appears you submitted a link with a session ID (aa3c38e24097dcf) attached, which should never be done. That may be what that pereson meant.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I thought php in general was not search engine friendly and figured this was the reason why the SE's weren't caching my static php pages?

If it is in fact due in cause by the session ID's then I have real problems as all of my pages produce session ID's. How do I get rid of them altogether?

I thought php in general was not search engine friendly and figured this was the reason why the SE's weren't caching my static php pages?

If it is in fact due in cause by the session ID's then I have real problems as all of my pages produce session ID's. How do I get rid of them altogether?

Go into your admin in and force cookie usage. ;)

No, the search engines don't have a problem with php pages. The problem they can have is with long links. But they should never see the session ID's regardless. To prevent that, go to admin->Configuration->Sessions and set Prevent Spider Sessions to true. Setting Force Cookies will accomplish the same thing but will cost you sales since not everyone will allow cookies, so it should not be used. You should also install the Ultimate SEO contribution which will make your links more SE friendly.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...
No, the search engines don't have a problem with php pages. The problem they can have is with long links. But they should never see the session ID's regardless. To prevent that, go to admin->Configuration->Sessions and set Prevent Spider Sessions to true. Setting Force Cookies will accomplish the same thing but will cost you sales since not everyone will allow cookies, so it should not be used. You should also install the Ultimate SEO contribution which will make your links more SE friendly.

Jack

Thanks a lot for the help guys!

Archived