• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Sorting

xcelprinting.com

Ok, here is the scenario I need help in:

My store sells printing services (business cards, brochures, etc.) Say you click on Business cards, it takes you to the page that lists the different types of cards we offer: paper business cards, plastic business cards, magnetic business cards, and metalic business cards.... I want these to be listed in the order I want, not the order osc decides to list them...what do I need to do? My cart is heavily modified (product attributes sorter, shipping, and several other things) so I need a simple fix that wont cause for other files to be modified.

Please, I am not trying to find an "attibutes sorter", I already have that, I am just looking to address the issue as mentioned above...If anyone has a simple fix/solution for this, please advise.

Thanks,

Jon

Jon Torres

President

Simple question, but no simple answer.

Apparently the sort order you are looking for can not be covered by the default ones like sort by name, date entered etc.

To accomplish what you need, basically you have to add a field to the products for the sort order, just like the attributes sort order does. This would be easy enough to do. Then you've got to extend the products queries on the shop frontend by adding "... order by sort_order_field".

But there is also a contrib out there which provides decent admin functions to manage your products sort orders. You may take a look at it.

Archived