• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sales Tax

I am currently getting ready to open up my OScommerce site and was wondering if you have to have sales tax on items? I am not selling an actual product but it's a store for customers to purchase what type of website they would like the company to design for them. So I would direct customers to make their payments of the website I will be designing for them to the oscommerce site I am creating for my business. Do you have to charge sales tax for this type of business or not?

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...
I am currently getting ready to open up my OScommerce site and was wondering if you have to have sales tax on items? I am not selling an actual product but it's a store for customers to purchase what type of website they would like the company to design for them. So I would direct customers to make their payments of the website I will be designing for them to the oscommerce site I am creating for my business. Do you have to charge sales tax for this type of business or not?

Thanks,

Hey Scott,

Tax for services rendered varies from state to state so best to check yours (usually online).

My quess would be no, just you will owe paying income tax on the revenue generated from it.

So don't forget to include what you'll have to pay into the price.

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

hey, i also have question regarding sale tax.

Say I reside in M'sia and i'm selling things globally, say to USA, do I have to collect sale tax from US?

Consult your M'sia tax laws.

Anyone setting up a business selling items should always consult with tax professionals (CPA, accountants, etc...) for the laws and responsibilities in their respective area.

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

Archived