• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

should I switch from Zen cart?

grimbergen

Hello, well, I'm assuming since I'm at the oscommerce forums the answer will be yes...but I was wondering if someone can tell me some differences/benefits of oscommerce? :thumbsup:

Also, is there a google checkout option? I didn't see it in the feature list.

Thanks!

Arthur

It is: http://www.oscommerce.com/community?contri...mp;category=all

I don't think that anyone will try to convince you to switch to OSC if not needed. Haven't gone too deep into ZEn cart, but as far as I know the functionality is pretty much the same as in OSC. So I guess it's a matter of taste.

Anyways, changing from one system to another is always a hassle, so it needs to be considered very well if the benefits of a change justify the load of work that has to be done.

Oh, btw. OSC is a basic system with lots of extensions available contributed by the users. That's why google checkout was not on the basic feature list.

Thanks for the quick reply! Actually, i didn't make it clear, I'm starting a new site. My previous client was set up with zencart, and so I have a good understanding of customizing that.

I'm just wondering for this new project whether I should still use zen or try oscommerce.

Regarding your post, I thought you were considering to change from one system to another.

IMHO if I'd not have any trouble with a system that I know well, I wouldn't change anyways. Cause it's much more effective to work with a known system than have to learn how to handle the new one. As long as the Zen cart meets all your requirements there should be no need to switch.

Maybe your keen to learn something new, so you could make a test installation and try to install some contribs just to see how it works. So you will see very quick, what the differences are, if there are any.

Archived