• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Total newbie in need of help.

fusionstar

I cant figure out where to edit my main page.

I need to change page titles, and add some text and images but I cant find the file for the life of me.

It still comes up as osCommerce on the title and with no description of my website, people are hesitant to order.

Also, i keep getting register_globals is not on error... I have contacted my host but I don't even think they know what it is.. and I cannot turn it on my side. This happens more frequently in the Admin Tools panel.

I would also like my website to be wider. Right now it is centered and everything is squished in which makes the descriptions of my products like 4 words long.

hotpyro.com

thank you

To change the page titles and stuff, it would be best to use the Header Tags Controller contribution. Changes anything automatically without having to edit any single page and provides detailed informations for each single product to the search engines.

If your host don't know what register_globals is, I doubt he is a host then. That's basic stuff for any webhoster.

Apparently you are using a template, most likely with STS (Simple Template System). So you got to edit your template and set the width of the Main table to fit your needs. Actually it's set to 766px.

To change the page titles and stuff, it would be best to use the Header Tags Controller contribution. Changes anything automatically without having to edit any single page and provides detailed informations for each single product to the search engines.

If your host don't know what register_globals is, I doubt he is a host then. That's basic stuff for any webhoster.

Apparently you are using a template, most likely with STS (Simple Template System). So you got to edit your template and set the width of the Main table to fit your needs. Actually it's set to 766px.

Thank you.

one more thing, where do I change when customers are forwarded to paypal to pay, the items are listed instead of a repeat of hotpyro.com for every item.

I tried installing it but it gave me troubles. So could you tell me where I can edit my headline and titles? I've looked through several files and none of them are the right one.

are you just wondering where to change the text on the pages? If so you can do so in your lanuguage files.

No problem!

Also, did you get your problems fixed?

Not really, I still get register_globals errors so i'm going to complain to my host for not even fixing the problem after 3 calls.

Almost everyone gets a blank page error when they buy from my store.

There is no Thank You Page because whenever I edit it.. it goes blank on me as well.

I cannot go into admin tools and edit stuff efficiently because of the register_globals error on every other click.

Items still registers "hotpyro.com" in paypal invoice instead of "100 Feet Visco Safety Fuse"

And I want to edit other stuff but I cant seem to find where to edit it... haha..

I tried installing contributions that would help me but those seem not to work(for me) unless Im doing everything wrong which is most definitely the case.

Archived