• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Removing products and replacing with text

pete2007

Hi all, newbie here...

Basically I am trying to edit the index.php page, so that I remove the products within the page and replace them with text... although keeping the 'Catagorys' and 'Brands' column on the left hand side of the page.

Does anyone know what code within the index.php I need to remove to achieve this?

Any help or advice would be most appreiated.

Pete2007

Hi pete, Do you mean you will like to replace the product listing for 'New Products' on index.php? Look into index.php you will find FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS included within the html table. It is the file that display the 'New products' listing. What you need to do is either edit the content of new_products.php (in folder includes/modules) or create your own php and replace FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS.

Hope this helps

plee

the poster above could be right, but it is best and easiest to do this, in case you want to go back easier:

just comment it out, like so:

find:

<?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?>

change to:

<?php //include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?>And here is my awesome fantastic text!<br>
This is more, this is more, this is more, etc, etc, etc..........

HTH

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

the poster above could be right, but it is best and easiest to do this, in case you want to go back easier:

just comment it out, like so:

find:

<?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?>

change to:

<?php //include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?>And here is my awesome fantastic text!<br>
This is more, this is more, this is more, etc, etc, etc..........

HTH

Hi,

Thanks for the replys.

I tried this, by making a new .php page but it doesn't seem to work... the 'Featured Products' and 'You'll also like' columns are still there, and I can't see no text, any ideas?

Thanks again.

Archived