• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

phpmyadmin with oscommerce

I am trying to run a simple SQL query, and from reading I've found that phpmyadmin would probably be the best way to do that. PHPmyadmin isn't installed on the server right now so I'm looking to put it on myself. I'm a bit of a beginner and just using bits and pieces of others code to put this together. I'm just wondering if installing phpmyadmin after oscommerce is already running will mess anything up. There are 40-50 some odd items in the oscommerce database and I can't risk losing that information. Also, if anybody knows of an easy way to run 1 sql query without having to install phpmyadmin I'd be very grateful!

Thanks so much,

Tyler Frans

Normally you can find phpmyadmin in web hosting control panel.

if you want I can help you to run 1 SQL query without installing the phpmyadmin?

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

just create a single page in php with connection settings and query and generate the result on webpage.

Though there is nothing about installing phpmyadmin - its as simple as copying a folder from your HDD to your server (and removing it when you don't need it)

Best Regards,
Gaurav

Thanks everyone, sounds like the easiest way is to install phpmyadmin and then just run one query. I downloaded the zipped version of phpmyadmin do I just have to copy the folder over to any folder on the server?

No, by hand:

simply create any-name.php file in the /shop/ directory with the following code:

<?php
require_once("includes/configure.php");

mysql_connect(DB_SERVER,DB_SERVER_USERNAME,DB_SERVER_PASSWORD);
@mysql_select_db(DB_DATABASE) or die( "Unable to select database");

$query = "SQL query here;";
mysql_query($query);

mysql_close();
echo "Your database has been updated";
?>

run once, point your browser to http://your-domain-name.com/shop/any-name.php

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Archived