• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Looking for modules, need advice

gr33nie

I'm helping somebody set up their own osCommerce store and they want their store to be able to do two things that I am not currently awear the basic installation is capable of. I'd like to know what contributions you guys would suggest would be the best solutions to the following problems.

1) The store is selling jewellery and for each product there are several different colour varients. The person I am helping would like to be able to display images of all the different colours on the product's page. Each product has approximatly 4-5 different colour varients.

2) The person I am helping often spends a lot of his time visiting large financial instituations showing his products to to the high level managers. Most of the time these managers would like to offer his products as part of their employee reward scheme. The employees can get a certain discount level on the products he sells. What the person I am helping would like to be able to do is create a discount code and apply a certain percentage of discount to it that he can give to the managers at these instituations who can then distribute them to their employees.

Many thanks for your help.

I'm helping somebody set up their own osCommerce store and they want their store to be able to do two things that I am not currently awear the basic installation is capable of. I'd like to know what contributions you guys would suggest would be the best solutions to the following problems.

1) The store is selling jewellery and for each product there are several different colour varients. The person I am helping would like to be able to display images of all the different colours on the product's page. Each product has approximatly 4-5 different colour varients.

2) The person I am helping often spends a lot of his time visiting large financial instituations showing his products to to the high level managers. Most of the time these managers would like to offer his products as part of their employee reward scheme. The employees can get a certain discount level on the products he sells. What the person I am helping would like to be able to do is create a discount code and apply a certain percentage of discount to it that he can give to the managers at these instituations who can then distribute them to their employees.

Many thanks for your help.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1818

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,282

there you go.

Thanks very much for those links. I'm sure they will do the job nicely. Just a quick question about the CCGV contribution. I guess there is no easy way to install it other than modifying each of the individual files?

Thanks very much for those links. I'm sure they will do the job nicely. Just a quick question about the CCGV contribution. I guess there is no easy way to install it other than modifying each of the individual files?

Fraid not' but if you work through them it only takes 40 mins or so.

nothing worthwhile is done in minutes.... well almost nothing

Archived