• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Featured Products

pete2007

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Is it possible to manually select what products are shown on the 'Featured Products' located on the front page?

Any help or advice would be most appreiated.

Pete2007

Did you ever get a reply or result for this question?

I am looking for a similar sollution.

Steve

There is a contribution here.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/651

I havent been able to get it to work on my heavily modded store....but you might have better luck.

Hi guys ,

here is solution. I tried my best and tried different things but there is something wrong with them. then I found my own solution. this is what I did and it worked for me. backup your data BASE. open that database file in any php editor and chenge ADDED_DATE.

for examle if you put any new item and you dont want it to show on featured items just go to your database and change that date a month ago. after that just restore the changed database it'll work fine.

I know thsi is not a good solution but trust me it works for me.

Hi guys ,

here is solution. I tried my best and tried different things but there is something wrong with them. then I found my own solution. this is what I did and it worked for me. backup your data BASE. open that database file in any php editor and chenge ADDED_DATE.

for examle if you put any new item and you dont want it to show on featured items just go to your database and change that date a month ago. after that just restore the changed database it'll work fine.

I know thsi is not a good solution but trust me it works for me.

That is not needed.

If you have the contribution "FEATURED PRODUCTS" installed, then it is only a matter of choosing which products are to be featured in the admin | catalog | Featured Products | New Product

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Archived