• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Login Requirements

keymein1515

I want to link my site to the shopping cart. Require my customers to pay for service. Customers will then be directed to another location that provides this service. The shopping cart has a login requirement. I need to protect the other pages within my site. The only way to protect the other pages is to set up a login as well. I'm trying to find a way to keep from having to set up more than one login. I really would like to be able to use only the shopping cart login for both the cart and the other pages. Is this possible?

This may not be a complete answer....

:blush:

At the top of the osC files where a login is required, there's this bit of code:

include('includes/application_top.php');

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the login page
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
$navigation->set_snapshot();
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));
 }

If the other pages in your site you wish to protect were PHP pages, you should be able to insert similar code at the top of them.

There may be other "overhead" items involved to get this to work that I'm not aware of.

I'm not an expert on the subject, but this is the method osC uses to insure the person viewing the page has been logged in.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived