• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Two Simple Questions

transmutation

Call me silly but I could not find an answer to these two simple questions.

1. The PRODUCT'S WEIGHT measurement at the bottom of the ADD PRODUCTS section is what? pounds/ounces?

When I looked in the documentation it says "the Weight Classes listing page under the Admin>Localization>Weight Classes section." but under my LOCALIZATION section I only have "Currencies" "LAnguage" and "Order Status" What do I need to do to have this link so I can manage the weights?

2. Also in the ADD PRODUCTS section there are the 3 boxes that say "Product URL" What's this? What do I put here?

The weight field is all about pounds. So if you enter 1..that means 1 pound. If you enter .3...that means .3 pounds.

The extra link to Product URL? Honestly, I'm guessing here, as I don't know for certain.

I'm thinking that because it's located underneath the field you would select your product photo to appear in thumbnails in categories....it's there to link to the location where the photo exists?

I don't use it at all. I'm just guessing. :)

Just because it's there, doesn't mean you have to use it. For me, anyways, there are a LOT of fields in the product creation screen that I don't use. I don't use Date Available...I don't use Products Model...I don't use Products Manufacturer.

In short, fill in what you need to and don't worry at all about the other fields you don't use.

Thank you, puggybelle.

Anyone have an answer for the Products URL fields?

The weight field is all about pounds. So if you enter 1..that means 1 pound. If you enter .3...that means .3 pounds.

The extra link to Product URL? Honestly, I'm guessing here, as I don't know for certain.

I'm thinking that because it's located underneath the field you would select your product photo to appear in thumbnails in categories....it's there to link to the location where the photo exists?

I don't use it at all. I'm just guessing. :)

Just because it's there, doesn't mean you have to use it. For me, anyways, there are a LOT of fields in the product creation screen that I don't use. I don't use Date Available...I don't use Products Model...I don't use Products Manufacturer.

In short, fill in what you need to and don't worry at all about the other fields you don't use.

Archived