• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Not Receiving Order Confirmations

awdejohn

Not sure if i'm posting in the right area, but thought i'd give it a shot...

I am having an issue with not receiving order confirmations (& neither is the customer). I only receive the paypal confirmations that the payment has been received, but I have no idea what they customer has ordered because the customer's order is also not being saved on the database.

can anyone help?!?

thanks in advance from an 'un-web-savvy' gal!

is your customer paying through paypal???

If so, download the PayPal IPN contribution, this will fix your problems!!!

I think the problem is figuring out where to install said IPN contribution (I'm not sure either and I'd like to set it up).

when you download the contribution, there is a folder in it called catalog. Follow the file sequence it takes you through. when you get to the .php file, that's where you install it in your files.

I believe this is all of them:

catalog > ext > modules > payment > paypal_ipn > ipn.php

catalog > includes > languages > (your language) > modules > payment > paypal_ipn.php

catalog > includes > modules > payment > paypal_ipn.php

Then go to the Administration Tool->Modules->Payment section at your osCommerce Administration Tool.

Here is where you will disable the previously used paypal module and enable the Credit/Debit card via Paypal module and set it up according to the installation guide.

I hope that helps you some!! Let me know if you have any other questions!!

• 2 weeks later...
Then go to the Administration Tool->Modules->Payment section at your osCommerce Administration Tool.

Here is where you will disable the previously used paypal module and enable the Credit/Debit card via Paypal module and set it up according to the installation guide.

I hope that helps you some!! Let me know if you have any other questions!!

Is it necessary to disable the previously used Paypal module? I thought it was one module (PayPal) for paying with a Paypal acocunt, and the other one "Credit/Debit card via Paypal" for paying without having PayPal account :blink:

Archived