• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

want to ship only in usa

want to ship only in usa. How do i remove other countries from create account and ship pages drop down

all 48 + 3 other we have total 51 states only

I'm not sure if there is an easier way or not...

But I removed all the countries listed in - Admin Panel > Locations / Taxes > Countries and just left the US.

As far as shipping methods are concerned at checkout, I am only using USPS domestic.

The only options that show for the custome to chose from is - Express, Priority & Parcel.

And those settings can be made in - Admin Panel > Modules > Shipping > United States Postal Service.

Just add check marks to the options you want to allow, and remove check marks from options you don't want to offer.

Hope that helps! ;)

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

I'm not sure if there is an easier way or not...

But I removed all the countries listed in - Admin Panel > Locations / Taxes > Countries and just left the US.

As far as shipping methods are concerned at checkout, I am only using USPS domestic.

The only options that show for the custome to chose from is - Express, Priority & Parcel.

And those settings can be made in - Admin Panel > Modules > Shipping > United States Postal Service.

Just add check marks to the options you want to allow, and remove check marks from options you don't want to offer.

Hope that helps! ;)

I did this, and now I get the error 2147219080 - Missing value for Country on checkout. Any suggestions? Thanks...

I did this, and now I get the error 2147219080 - Missing value for Country on checkout. Any suggestions? Thanks...

I really don't know why you are getting such an error message. Mine works fine with the edits I mentioned... :huh:

The customers address is US?

You did leave the US listed in Admin Panel setting?

Did you edit anything else?

Are you using a different shipping module other than USPS?

I really don't know why you are getting such an error message. Mine works fine with the edits I mentioned... :huh:

The customers address is US?

You did leave the US listed in Admin Panel setting?

Did you edit anything else?

Are you using a different shipping module other than USPS?

Only using USPS, turned the others that are stock off. Only went through the procedure you mentioned above, left canada, us, virgin isles, and outlaying us.

even by deleting all the above, and putting them back in, I get the same thing. Yes, I am registered with usps, and it dont matter if on test or production, still does it.... guess im down to reloading from scratch, and starting over. I just know my customers got tired of going through a list of what, 200 countries to get to the us. I did a backup before the change, but guess thats not in the database, must be in the scripting, because it did no good to restore from the start of that procedure.

I really like this cart, but if one mistake like this, causes a complete restart of all settings, I dont think im going this way. I dont have the time to play with this stuff like I used to, only late eves into the wee hours to play with it.

Thanks for your time, Im not going to restart it until later in the week if you can think of anything else, all help appreciated.

Only using USPS, turned the others that are stock off. Only went through the procedure you mentioned above, left canada, us, virgin isles, and outlaying us.

even by deleting all the above, and putting them back in, I get the same thing. Yes, I am registered with usps, and it dont matter if on test or production, still does it.... guess im down to reloading from scratch, and starting over. I just know my customers got tired of going through a list of what, 200 countries to get to the us. I did a backup before the change, but guess thats not in the database, must be in the scripting, because it did no good to restore from the start of that procedure.

I really like this cart, but if one mistake like this, causes a complete restart of all settings, I dont think im going this way. I dont have the time to play with this stuff like I used to, only late eves into the wee hours to play with it.

Thanks for your time, Im not going to restart it until later in the week if you can think of anything else, all help appreciated.

I am sorry that it made a mess of things for you... :blush:

It honestly worked fine on my osC install.

I am no PHP or MySQL guru and only offer advice on what worked for me.

I can now only think of things that "might" be causing the problem.

• You left - canada, us, virgin isles, and outlaying us; I only left the US.
  • Did you "edit" any of the remaining countries? Such as changing the values?
  • Did you update the USPS API recently? See my signature.
  • Do you have any contributions installed that might effect Counties or Shipping?
  • Modules>Shipping>USPS - Mine = Tax Class = --none-- & Shipping Zone = --none--

Maybe the payment module is also affecting it??

I am using PayPal and have these settings -

Transaction Currency = Only USD & Payment Zone = --none--

At the moment that is all I can think of. If anything else comes to mind I will post.

Again, sorry that things became messy.

I am sorry that it made a mess of things for you... :blush:

It honestly worked fine on my osC install.

I am no PHP or MySQL guru and only offer advice on what worked for me.

I can now only think of things that "might" be causing the problem.

• You left - canada, us, virgin isles, and outlaying us; I only left the US.
  • Did you "edit" any of the remaining countries? Such as changing the values?
  • Did you update the USPS API recently? See my signature.
  • Do you have any contributions installed that might effect Counties or Shipping?
  • Modules>Shipping>USPS - Mine = Tax Class = --none-- & Shipping Zone = --none--

Maybe the payment module is also affecting it??

I am using PayPal and have these settings -

Transaction Currency = Only USD & Payment Zone = --none--

At the moment that is all I can think of. If anything else comes to mind I will post.

Again, sorry that things became messy.

My bad, I found it. It was in the main config, it lost the country there. I fought looking for that for over 2 days, what a dolt I feel like.

Thanks for the help. Still love the cart, been adding little modules here and there. Just waiting for an easy UPS addon, then will be really happy.

I'm not so great with php either, seems all the editors are not so friendly that Ive dealt with yet, so notepad has been my good friend lately. hehe.

Thanks again.

Archived