• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Database recall

Hi.

Will this command get a value from another place in the same php file $listing['products_info'] and if so, are ther other alternatives for this, how can i pull a value directly from the database?

Along those lines, what does $order->info['shipping_cost'] do? I'm not very good with php, and I'm trying to solve a problem and I think the solution involves how the shipping cost is stored and retrieved from the db.

To answer the questions, $listing['products_info'] is an element of an array. An array is a construct which has minimum 2 values/elements up to millions. An array is used to collect data under the same name. E.g. $customer['first_name'], $customer['last_name'] and so on. The benefit is that you can go this array with loops and process the values rather than processing each single variable with it's own name.

Most likely this array is the product of a database query. You can view the content of the array by inserting print_r($listing); in the code.

$order->info['shipping_cost'] is a part of an object. The property info returns the value shipping_cost of the object $order.

Archived