• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

'Sticky' thread for newbies?

melemel

I'm new to oscommerce - looks like a fantastic and flexible solution. As a newbie however, im spending a lot of time searching the forums for very basic 'where to start' threads and help. Having searched using the word 'newbie' on the forums, i see an awful lot of us asking the same questions! Could i suggest a 'sticky' thread with links to any useful 'start up guides' that may be floating around out there? I'm sure it would be of enormous help to all of us who are new and floundering in knowledge base articles!

heres hoping,

Mel

ps If there is such a thread already and i am just being incredibly blind please feel free to abuse and chastise me... ;)

Your request is a reasonable one and has been asked for many times but, for some reason, it has never been added so I doubt you will see it now.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes your idea is very good and is an on going thread about this as we speak. Why they can't post a sticky thread with some links to answers to commonly asked problems beats me. The excuses they have given are weak and BS if you ask me. Google isn't any better since it only returns one or two links from the forum.

I knew it wasn't just me even the newbies see it. Hello Moderators can you do something useful for once?

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

Archived