• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Any constructive feedback will be appreciated

Jeff2005

Hi,

Just finishing my store, although I always seem to find something to tinker with, and would appreciate any constructive feedback. The site is UK based and it's status is closed for testing, you should be able to add items to the cart but not checkout. Would really be interested in people's experiences of browsing to a particular product.

The site is www.amazingworlds.co.uk

Thanks.

You've changed the logo and have 1 item in stock.

Sorry but you haven't really done anything to comment on.

Hi,

There's a few subtle changes that may go un-noticed for instance the manufacturer drop-down menu has been changed so that all related products for a given genre will be listed (i.e. if I had Heroes action figures they would be listed with the Heroes trading cards). Although no actual stock exists there are placeholders in place, I was hoping to get feedback on the feel of the navigation, for instance getting to the Supernatural autograph cards - are there two many clicks to get to the actual product or does the logical layout plus extra information pages justify the extra clicks.

Anyway thanks for looking.

I don't like the colour scheme, it is difficult to read some of the text.

I couldn't register because my county is missing.

I think dyslexics may really struggle with it to be honest - particularly the box headers.

just my opinion....

Although I don't like the colour scheme either, I think it's a matter of taste. In any case:

1. I think that changing the box heading background would look better if it was the same as the background of the buttons.

2. Contact us page doesn't show for some reason.

3. In checkout, when item is not in stock you use one colour for the remark by the product, and another for the remark at the bottom of the page, I think they should be the same.

4. As the shop isn't working at the moment I can't verify it but I seem to remember that not all pages show the links to the information pages (terms & condtions, etc.).

That's all for now as the shop isn't working...

I don't like the colour scheme, it is difficult to read some of the text.

I couldn't register because my county is missing.

I think dyslexics may really struggle with it to be honest - particularly the box headers.

just my opinion....

Had an urge to experiment with the design and colour scheme, regretted it and switched back to a more restrained style. Thanks for looking.

Archived