• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Group Product Listing By Manufacturer

mmaler

I need to group my products within a category by manufacturer as well as have a title above the products indicating the manufacturer. Has anyone done this?

Example:

Manufacturer 1

Product

Product

Product

Manufacturer 2

Product

Product

Product

Thanks in advance...

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone,

For the past 2 full days, I have searched all contributions and all the forums for this mod.

This mod is in very high demand, I found lots of other people also wanting this, so if anyone can help, you will also be helping a large number of people in the ocCommerce community.

I think the layout would be much better if each Manufacturer was listed as a box heading with short description then the products listed in the box.

Example:

manufacturer-listing.gif

Any Help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Frank

I am desperate for this also.

Been searching and working on this for past 2 weeks, but can't get anywhere.

Nearest I have come, is to sort listing by Manufacture then use drop-down at top of page to display each manufacturer separately.

But what Frank has posted is exactly what I want. I also found lots of posts wanting this exact same thing.

Any help very much appreciated.

Thanks

Nigel

I've been searching the forum and contributions for exactly this, and there is nothing. A couple of people have a little go at it but nothing that works.

Frank is right there are loads of people also wanting this.

Come on - calling the osCommerce Community how do we get this much needed contribution??

I'm no programmer but I will do everything I can to Help.

Thanks

Ron

I'm no programmer, but I will help where ever possible to the maximum of my ability.

As an added incentive I'll throw in a £150 hosting account for anyone who helps with this contribution.

Details of 1 year Pro hosting can be found here >> http://www.heartinternet.co.uk/business-h.shtml

Frank

Hi

I`ll take a look, won't be quite as quick as last time though Frank, I`m not sure I need another hosting package right now though.

:)

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Hi

I`ll take a look, won't be quite as quick as last time though Frank, I`m not sure I need another hosting package right now though.

:)

Wow, it's a small world. Nice to hear from you again Sam. Those 2 contributions you did are great, they were so easy to install, and look and work a treat.

You could always let someone else have it, or I could add another year to the hosting you already have. Did you get the message about adding a domain name to your hosting?

Thanks, Yet Again.

Frank

Wow, it's a small world. Nice to hear from you again Sam. Those 2 contributions you did are great, they were so easy to install, and look and work a treat.

You could always let someone else have it, or I could add another year to the hosting you already have. Did you get the message about adding a domain name to your hosting?

Thanks, Yet Again.

Frank

Thanks sounds like a good option, I`ll let you know when things are done. Thanks for the domain name offer, sorry I did`nt get back sooner, too many messages, I`ll get details to you soon.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings

The contribution is complete!!!!

find at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6051

Forum thread started at : http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=307010

Hope you find it useful.

B)

Sam

Contributions:

Archived