• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file

lilmuthrfkr

Hi everyone,

I cant get the last PINK WARNING MESSAGE from the main page of the store.

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

I cant figure out how to get the permissions changed on just this folder without having to log in with a password to view the store. If anyone can walk me through this one i would be very greatful.

thanks,

Jason

B.O.P. Connection

317 508 2336 or [email protected]

Please help someone, I have read many writings on here on this subject. I have seen mostly people just avoiding the risk that is mentioned on this warning. By writing code to just take it off of the front page.

If someone can tell me if there is a true risk here or not. I would like to know.

I have a domain through yahoo.com. I am not very savy at all this but i have gotten this far. I dont know where i can set the permission on this file. I can go into the file manager of either the store or yahoo. But neither gives me a code like that has been mentioned on earlier topics. most people are talking about a 644 444 or 755 code or something like that. I cant find that anywhere.

I have tried to change passwords on directories and things of that nature it doesnt work. Just locks me out of my site until i set it back.

SO PLEASE IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I SHOULD BE GOING ON THIS PERMISSION SETTING PLEASE HELP ME.

Sincerely

Jason

B.O.P. Connection

[email protected]

317 508 2336 please call if you have any ideas i need to launch soon

Archived