• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

email order confirmation to customer and store owner

mrs.flyingv

Hello:

We are about to go live and list real products at our store. The first order i did was paid with money order. As a customer i got a 'Processing' email but no email was send as an owner. I went to OSC admin and added my private email to "add extra email address for orders" and did a second order with pay pal. Then i got 3 each.

I have installed PayPal IPN and did a test run. Every thing was fine and worked great. As the store owner i was sent 3 emails for this order (all the same info) and i was sent 3 emails as a customer. Is there a way to fix how gets the confirmed email for orders and how many?

Any advice or help is much appreciated.

Mrs.Flyingv

Hello:

We are about to go live and list real products at our store. The first order i did was paid with money order. As a customer i got a 'Processing' email but no email was send as an owner. I went to OSC admin and added my private email to "add extra email address for orders" and did a second order with pay pal. Then i got 3 each.

I have installed PayPal IPN and did a test run. Every thing was fine and worked great. As the store owner i was sent 3 emails for this order (all the same info) and i was sent 3 emails as a customer. Is there a way to fix how gets the confirmed email for orders and how many?

Any advice or help is much appreciated.

Mrs.Flyingv

Check your mail settings in admin. If on unix, use sendmail, not smtp.

Hello:

I did check the admin section, we are set to sendmail. Linefeeds are set to LF. Use MIMI HTLM is set to false. Verify email address is set to false and send email is set to true.

I did another test sale with the 'Send Extra Order Emails To' left blank. I received 1 email as a customer but no emails as a owner. Is there a file that controls the number of emails sent and who get the emails? If i place an email address in send extra email then i get 3 emails for the same order. I guess that's better that getting none but there has to be a way to control who get a order confirmation.

Thanks For the Help.

Mrs.Flyingv

Let me just add that i have the store owner Email Address set up for our @wildblue.net account and the Email From is [email protected]. I did have a name and <> around the email address. I have read a few posts that say to take the name out and don't use <>. I'll give it a test run and see what happens.

Mrs.Flyingv

Archived