• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

cannot transfer my oscommerce from one server to another, various problems

tacrossman

hi

have pretty much finished setting up my oscommerce site on one server and now need to transfer it through to another because the client has now purchased the another domain name. have tried to transfer everything over using various ftp programs but they always seem to hang and timeout during the transfer, or if they do transfer successfully the images dont show etc. have also been having trouble trying to migrate the database from one server to the other. am now fed up with trying even after looking through the excellent help on the forum and am wondering if anyone would like to transfer the site and databases through to the new server for me, many thanks

tom

You can try this, it worked for me:

• Install a fresh copy of osCommerce on the new server and test it for stability, resolve any issues first.
  • Change the configure.php files to another name in the store your transfering.
  • FTP small chunks of the store to the new server, some hosts have time limits set for FTP.
  • Import the database from the store to the new server.
  • Reset the .htaccess files if any for the new host, you might have to delete them and use the hosts control panel to re-create them.
  • Go to the store on the new server and it should be working, there may be the default products in the catalog and they can be deleted from the admin section.

Hope this helps.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

I can help you if you wish.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

After transfer You need to apply changes to configure.php file.

Ther emight be changes to data base parameters.

Changes to FS path.

also if the URL has changed or SSL path has changed that too needs to be modified.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

• 3 months later...
well i havw tried this and no it does not work.. wow hundreds of hours of work gone...

why cannot i upload my own SQL database which i EXPORTED!!!! its stupid!

What did you try and how did it not work? Why have you lost hundreds of hours of work? As loon as the original is still there, it can be used.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 months later...

I have a similar problem. I am trying to change from one hosting company to another.

I get a

Error

SQL query:

--

-- Database: `*****_web`

--

CREATE DATABASE `*****` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci;

MySQL said:

#1044 - Access denied for user 'l*****t'@'%' to database '*****_web' Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Archived