• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What Happens After Checkout

hanlonj

Hi,

I know this is very newbie of me but I haven't actually ever completed an online shop through to payment.

I want to know a couple of things:

1. I want to accept visa directly from the site without using a 3rd party co. like paypal, how can I do this from osCommerce?
  2. Can I configure this through the admin. area and if so how?Do I just need to put in bank account details?
  3. How can I make this an SSL transaction?Is it done here or through my hosting package?

Thanking you in advance.

hj

Hi,

I know this is very newbie of me but I haven't actually ever completed an online shop through to payment.

I want to know a couple of things:

1. I want to accept visa directly from the site without using a 3rd party co. like paypal, how can I do this from osCommerce?
  2. Can I configure this through the admin. area and if so how?Do I just need to put in bank account details?
  3. How can I make this an SSL transaction?Is it done here or through my hosting package?

Thanking you in advance.

hj

1. to do that you will need to sign up for a merchant account at your business bank, and sign up for a payment gateway for your business which supports your merchant account and "onsite" payment . osCommerce payment modules

2. No..you need to follow the steps outline in point 1 first.....

3. You need to have a hosting package with ssl and you will have to set your oscommerce shop to use SSL too.

its set in 2 files.

includes/configure.php

and

admin/includes/configure.php

Archived