• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Atributes

ImperialTools

Hi all

I am very new to this, so please be patient and appologies if this topic has been dealt with a thousand times. I installed the osCommerce only three days ago. I have managed to alter the home page and alter most of the visible language to suit our British customers. so far, I have only had one problem that I cannot find the answer in the user guide.

I sell hand tools and am hoping to use the product attributes facility to reduce the number of pages customers have to look at. In my old site I have a page for each spanner/wrench size. I am hoping to have one master product page with all the sizes listed in attributes. the problem I am having is that once I have added more than 10 attributes, I cannot see them to edit them. The number '2' and '>>' are present and clickable, and the page refreshes, but still only shows page '1's data??? I have looked at this in Firefox and MS explorer, so do not think it is a browser problem???

I have only, so far, downloaded the basic package. Is there a download that rectifies this problem? Are there essential downloads for complete novices. I am the IT dummie that all those books were written for, but very much enjoying the new challenge of building my own site.

Why am I doing it myself? Simply, because over the years I have paid thousands of UK pounds to so called experts to have web sites built that they never sorted the faults with.

All help very gratefully received

Regards Mick Imperial Tool Company Ltd

Most likely you have some special characters in your attributes that would need to be escaped. Can you give us a list of them to get a clue?

Thanks for the reply.

No special characters as far as I can see???

I have not needed to change anything in Product options as 'size' is already there'

In Option Values I have added 8mm, 9mm, 10mm,,,,, through to 20mm

In Product Attributes I have just picked from the above from the Product Options and Option Values. No prices or anything else has been added????

website page here Visit My Website

Cheers Mick

Thanks for the reply.

No special characters as far as I can see???

I have not needed to change anything in Product options as 'size' is already there'

In Option Values I have added 8mm, 9mm, 10mm,,,,, through to 20mm

In Product Attributes I have just picked from the above from the Product Options and Option Values. No prices or anything else has been added????

website page here Visit My Website

Cheers Mick

Hi all

I have fixed it. This old post had the answer Fix for attribute problem

Cheers Mick

Archived