• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fixed number of products at fixed price?

andymacaulay

Hi all - I've been scouring the docs, the forum and the web for this.

Is there an existing solution to my problem, before I go off and try to code my own?

I have a greetings card client who wants to offer a presentation box of 20 cards at a fixed price to her customers. The customer can go through the full catalogue of cards and select the 20 they want, no more, no less.

Perhaps naively, it would seem that having free products in the catalogue and a fixed packing price would work as long as I could fix the basket at 20 items and could handle the different shipping costs. I can't, however, see how I would fix the basket size like this.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Andy.

Andrew Macaulay, t/a the buro.net

Andrew Macaulay-Brook, BEng MBCS CITP

I'd go with the cart method $cart->count_contents. This method returns the number of items in the cart. If it's < 20 you can create a header message like "Please add another XX items to your cart in order to checkout". Also you can control whether the checkout button will be displayed or not. Any check at any place you can imagine can be realised with this.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd go with the cart method $cart->count_contents. This method returns the number of items in the cart. If it's < 20 you can create a header message like "Please add another XX items to your cart in order to checkout". Also you can control whether the checkout button will be displayed or not. Any check at any place you can imagine can be realised with this.

Thanks - I'll try it.

Andrew Macaulay-Brook, BEng MBCS CITP

Archived