• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to link registrations to a forum registration

I need to have all my registered customers to get automatic registration to my forum with the same info that they provide in the store, Any Idea how can I do that? I'm sorry if that question is no related to oscommerce. I use smf forum client.

Thx in advance

I need to have all my registered customers to get automatic registration to my forum with the same info that they provide in the store, Any Idea how can I do that? I'm sorry if that question is no related to oscommerce. I use smf forum client.

Thx in advance

There is an SMF API file that provides "hooks" into the login/logout process although you will only find a couple of techs at SMF that are familiar with it.

I would imagine that you would need for oscommerce to provide the necessary data to these "hooks" in order for the SMF database to record the new user.

I can also imagine problems where smf may require/not accept certain password/name parameters.

There is an SMF API file that provides "hooks" into the login/logout process although you will only find a couple of techs at SMF that are familiar with it.

I would imagine that you would need for oscommerce to provide the necessary data to these "hooks" in order for the SMF database to record the new user.

I can also imagine problems where smf may require/not accept certain password/name parameters.

Then I guess its kind of almost impossible. May be I will invite manually via email every customer to get registered into the forum..

Thank you for the reply though :)

Mikefrombg

Then I guess its kind of almost impossible. May be I will invite manually via email every customer to get registered into the forum..

Thank you for the reply though :)

Mikefrombg

i am use phpbb forum

i wanted to do same to link them whit only one registration but no luck

• 2 weeks later...

Archived