• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Modifying Checkout Process

scottley

Hello all. I'm kinda new to osCommerce and I'm having an issue with the checkout process. I'm very good with PHP and I understand (mostly) how osCommerce is going to DB and passing values between pages (e.g. checkout_shipping.php uses tep_redirect if you click the submit to take you to the next page).

I need to omit shipping options (outside of confirming address) and CC processing. We handle the processing/shipping options via telephone.

I've tried changing the IF statements in the beginning of the checkout_shipping.php to send the user directly to checkout_confirmation.php but I found that there were values in the array ($order) that were not filled which triggered the tep_redirects in the checkout_confirmation.php (sending the user back to the checkout_shipping.php page).

Any help/advice you have will be helpful.

Are there any modules out there that I could install that are designed for verbal order processing?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Hello all. I'm kinda new to osCommerce and I'm having an issue with the checkout process. I'm very good with PHP and I understand (mostly) how osCommerce is going to DB and passing values between pages (e.g. checkout_shipping.php uses tep_redirect if you click the submit to take you to the next page).

I need to omit shipping options (outside of confirming address) and CC processing. We handle the processing/shipping options via telephone.

I've tried changing the IF statements in the beginning of the checkout_shipping.php to send the user directly to checkout_confirmation.php but I found that there were values in the array ($order) that were not filled which triggered the tep_redirects in the checkout_confirmation.php (sending the user back to the checkout_shipping.php page).

Any help/advice you have will be helpful.

Are there any modules out there that I could install that are designed for verbal order processing?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

check the contribution for skip shipping and payment pages

I used boxtel's modification (I've tried it before) and I got the same results. I get the following error message when I go to check out:

Warning: payment(includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cc.php,cod.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/wholesalebbqgrills/includes/classes/payment.php on line 39

Warning: payment(): Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cc.php,cod.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/wholesalebbqgrills/includes/classes/payment.php on line 39

Warning: payment(includes/modules/payment/cc.php,cod.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/wholesalebbqgrills/includes/classes/payment.php on line 40

Warning: payment(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/payment/cc.php,cod.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/wholesalebbqgrills/includes/classes/payment.php on line 40

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: cc.php,cod in /var/www/wholesalebbqgrills/includes/classes/payment.php on line 42

Any ideas?

I used boxtel's modification (I've tried it before) and I got the same results. I get the following error message when I go to check out:

Warning: payment(includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cc.php,cod.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/wholesalebbqgrills/includes/classes/payment.php on line 39

Warning: payment(): Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cc.php,cod.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/wholesalebbqgrills/includes/classes/payment.php on line 39

Warning: payment(includes/modules/payment/cc.php,cod.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/wholesalebbqgrills/includes/classes/payment.php on line 40

Warning: payment(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/payment/cc.php,cod.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/wholesalebbqgrills/includes/classes/payment.php on line 40

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: cc.php,cod in /var/www/wholesalebbqgrills/includes/classes/payment.php on line 42

Any ideas?

1. check that you have all the payment modules uploaded to your server/hosting.

2. have just 1 payment module and 1 shipping module active when using those mods.

Att..the one active should not be cc ...

But cod will do nicely...

if you want the order to read CC , you can just change the text defines in..

includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cod.php

That is pretty much what I thought, but I'm taking this over from someone else and I have NO idea what they have done.....

Your help is invaluable! I've read through MUCH of the code, but it is so nice to have someone who has "been there" to point me to the right files, etc...

OK.... I got it all figured out...

The previous admin had installed ALL SORTS of payment modules and shipping modules. I have disabled all but the cod.php and flat-rate shipping (set to zero dollars). Now to modify the code to display the appropriate text (the easy part).

Many many thanks to you. Please let me know if I can help you with anything! My background is in VoIP, networking, and programming. I think I was just looking for the hard way to get the site running!

One last note..... The changes suggested by Boxtel resulted in a serious loop if the user follows a not-so-normal flow. I have omitted the changes suggested by Boxtel and I am modifying the HTML portion of the checkout process (checkout_shipping, checkout_payment, etc) to display the information that I want and to hide the shipping/payment options. This will allow the user to change their shipping address/billing address info as they wish (this is where the bad state came from), but will still allow for manual processing.

Archived