• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2 Tax rates,

martinstan

I've spent hours trying to set this up and looking through contributions and posts, now my brain hurts. Hopefully someone can either help or has a UK store that does just this.

I just simply want 2 taxes so that if someone selects a currency in Pounds Sterling then VAT is added at checkout, and when someone selects either US Dollars or Euros no VAT is added at checkout...and I thought this would be so simple.

Please help :'(

Thanks

Wow

I think the penny may have dropped(excuse the pun). Please can someone tell me if this is correct, but does this work around the country that the customer gives for their location when registering??? If so How cool is that!

Martin

Hi,

I've got that sorted by attributes.

Products I sell could be either 0% or 17.5% VAT rated and as I wasn't using attributes at all I thought that they might be very useful to let the customer choose appropriate option.

Apparently I couldn't find how to get them to work as the only options you can get from attributes are either + or - I wanted multiply price by 1 (0% VAT) or 1.175 (17.5% VAT) and have paid for such a solution ca. £100.

If you'd like to see how does it work in my store just PM me as store is still under construction, I can also get you in touch with my programmer if you'd like to idea.

I've spent hours trying to set this up and looking through contributions and posts, now my brain hurts. Hopefully someone can either help or has a UK store that does just this.

I just simply want 2 taxes so that if someone selects a currency in Pounds Sterling then VAT is added at checkout, and when someone selects either US Dollars or Euros no VAT is added at checkout...and I thought this would be so simple.

Please help :'(

Thanks

You need to create Tax Zones.

You should be charging VAT to EU customers as well as UK.

create to types of taxes.

Create two zones add(Map) countries to Zones.

define products to have this taxes

Now

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Archived