• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem With Payment Confirmation (E-Mail)

npandreasen

I am having a problem when I check my notification of my payments received, that the "Item/Product Name:" line is inserting my store name.

I need to know how I can change that to the Product's Name. Otherwise I am not able to see what my customers are purchasing at this time!

Payment Details

-----------------------------------

Total Amount:

Currency:

Transaction ID:

Quantity:

Item/Product Name: Lists store name here

Buyer:

This is causing me some hassles as I have to ask people what they have purchased, and it is delaying delivery times and causing me a headache.

Thanks,

Nick

If you have no idea what they've ordered...I assume you're not receiving Order Confirmation emails, either?

Install one of the PayPal IPN contribs that will log their order in Admin before they hit the PayPal screen.

And, I guess, install the contrib Better Paypal Description afterward. It will replace 'store name' with what they ordered.

If you have no idea what they've ordered...I assume you're not receiving Order Confirmation emails, either?

Install one of the PayPal IPN contribs that will log their order in Admin before they hit the PayPal screen.

And, I guess, install the contrib Better Paypal Description afterward. It will replace 'store name' with what they ordered.

At this current juncture, I am only receiving "Notification of Payment Received".

Is there anyway that I can search in my Admin area of osCommerce with the Transaction ID? Or is that for PayPal reference?

Thanks,

Nick

PS - I have just downloaded the following files:

osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...arch,PayPal+IPN

and

Better PayPal Description

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...pal+Description

Are those the correct contributions?

If the order wasn't logged in Admin, I honestly don't know how you're gonna find out what they bought...short of writing and asking.

As for the contribs, I don't think I would go with version 1.0 of the IPN module. There have been a number of newer releases. I just don't know which one you should go with, either. I use 1.1 myself, but...wonder if I should be upgrading to a more recent release.

What scares me off is the sheer size of the PayPal IPN support thread. Lots of problems, apparently. I figure, if mine still works, I'll keep it.

If the order wasn't logged in Admin, I honestly don't know how you're gonna find out what they bought...short of writing and asking.

How exactly am I going to fix this?

I believe that it maybe because osCommerce is not installed to the main database?

I have my main URL setup as a homepage

The cart is located at www.urlhere.com/store

Is there a file that I can edit where it would normally send the information to the Admin, so I can have it sent to the proper URL?

I appreciate your help on this matter,

Nick

Login to Admin and go to Configuration > My Store > Send Extra Order Emails To

And insert the email addy you need those order confirmation emails sent to.

You still need to install one of the PayPal IPN contribs. It will log their order in Admin as Processing if they completed payment. It will log their order (and not subtract stock) as PayPal IPN Pending if they back out and decide not to pay.

At least, it will put you in a position where you won't have to write customers and ask...what did you buy?

Login to Admin and go to Configuration > My Store > Send Extra Order Emails To

And insert the email addy you need those order confirmation emails sent to.

You still need to install one of the PayPal IPN contribs. It will log their order in Admin as Processing if they completed payment. It will log their order (and not subtract stock) as PayPal IPN Pending if they back out and decide not to pay.

At least, it will put you in a position where you won't have to write customers and ask...what did you buy?

It's currently set to the e-mail that it should be. I also get the Notifications of Payment at this e-mail, so maybe I will try changing it.

I am going to try to figure out how to setup the PayPal IPN (I actually downloaded v2.2, I'm not sure why I copied the link to v1.0)

Still trying to figure out why I receive no confirmation or orders in the Admin area.

This is because customers are not returning back to your site after making payment via PayPal.

Install PayPal IPN and your issues will be solved.

You can see 'customer orders' by installiing Recover Carts. Note, reconcile orders with PayPal payments before shipping.

Archived