• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem w/downloading OSC Package

srq

Hi. I am new to this forum and new to osCommerce.

It am unable to download to the OSC v2.2 RC1. Does any body know if the website is having any problems. I am able to browse the OSC website but download is not working for me!

I am trying to download the package from the following site: http://www.oscommerce.com/solutions/downloads

The when I click on the "Download at SunSite (Europe)" link, it tries to go to "http://www.oscommerce.com/redirect.php/go,41" but it fails with message "The page cannot be displayed" - Can someone else verify the problem or advise where to download the OSC package.

Is V2.2 RC1 the latest version. Should I use this version or use one of the 3.0 alpha release for a production ecommerce site?

Thanks in advance.

Thank for your replies Andrea & Magnus.

I downloaded both packages which are different. Which one do I use?

The one from Andrea's link has this package: oscommerce-2.2rc1.zip

The one from Magnus (SourceForge) has this package: oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817.zip

The one from Magnus (SourceForge) has all its content dated 2006. The files from Andrea has the 2006 and some content modified in June, July 2007.

I would like to start with the latest release un-modified version of the osCommerce source. Please advise which to use?

Thanks

I honestly don't know.

I can tell you that the source I gave you claims to have the most recently updated version.

However, when I go into my Cpanel and take a look...I have a lovely warning message about how I need to upgrade to oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817.

That being said, that message has been there for a long time. The upgrade involved some security and bug-fixes that I edited manually, rather than click on Upgrade. Perhaps the one I linked you to is the newest?

Magnus, what do you think?

Puggybelle,

being a newbie here I would be hard pressed to judge, but the one on SourceForge was what I figured would be the latest non-experimental version. Any comments from the more experienced perhaps?

I honestly don't know.

I can tell you that the source I gave you claims to have the most recently updated version.

However, when I go into my Cpanel and take a look...I have a lovely warning message about how I need to upgrade to oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817.

That being said, that message has been there for a long time. The upgrade involved some security and bug-fixes that I edited manually, rather than click on Upgrade. Perhaps the one I linked you to is the newest?

Magnus, what do you think?

If I had to pick...I'd probably go with yours, Magnus. I mean...at least I know what that is. And it works beautifully.

I would most certainly avoid the Alpha 3.0 release. That sounds like a testing playground for programmers; not something you want to run a live shop on.

I did a thorough diff between the two packages and it seems to me that oscommerce-2.2rc1.zip from Andrea is newer than the package oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817.zip from SourceForge.

However, I do not know if the package from Andrea are released changes or are they personal customizations!

I am still unable to use the download site on osCommerce.com. Does any body know about the problem with the OSC download site? Are there any words from some experts out there to where I can get the latest released version of the OSC package?

Archived