Jump to content
  • Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch


The e-commerce.

Categories.php v1.137 for use with Mo-Pics v1.1


Recommended Posts

Hello all:


I just upload the following to the contributions section.




There have been numerous posts about the problems with Mo-Pics v1.1 with regards to the admin/categories.php file is based on v1.133 whereas most later snapshots used version 1.137.


The file was created from my stock installation and merged with the specific Mo-Pics modifications made by Linda McGrath and those of the original Mo-Pics v1.1 categories.php file. After an afternoon of testing and merging with ExamDiff - this is the result.


This file is fairly stock in that the only thing that has been added to it is Mo Pics.


To use it, download Mo-Pics v1.1 and make the necessary modifications as per the documentation (that's the easy part). When you need to make the modifications to your existing admin/categories.php file - use this one as a reference.


My snapshot is based on 10/29/2002 and it works great. If you want to see it in action:




and check out the Greatest Airliners: 737-400 package.


Thanks Linda! This would not have been so easy without your QualityController contrib. Thanks Brandon for the origainl mod!





Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Wayne, you made my day. #

You updated categories.php saved me from a long frustrating night!!!


Immediately almost all my problems were gone, but one little one...


I still can't get the preview popups (bimages ans bsubimages) to work.

With the original bimage, I get the image_missin icon. With all the others, I get "Page cannot be found". You seem to know what you're doing... so I am sure, you'll have an answer for me!


Thanks in advance.

Good stuff!



Link to comment
Share on other sites



One step further;

I added the six pop_up lines from catalog/includes/application_top.php also to admin/includes/application_top.php. No, at least, I've lost the 'File canot be found' error.

But I still get the RedCross for the missing image.




Link to comment
Share on other sites



Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Glad you found it useful. I was thankful that Linda posted the her code so I could modify the verson I had.


One step further;

I added the six pop_up lines from catalog/includes/application_top.php also to admin/includes/application_top.php.


That was the first thing I was going to ask if you did. You have to make sure you follow the instructions as per the mo_pics contribution, however, you can substitute the categories.php file that I modified for the one that originally came with the mo_pics package.


Did you make the database modifications to handle the new images?



Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also followed the steps, but found that when I tried to preview the pop-ups when adding or editing a product, I got the page not found errors and so on... :(


I did a simple comparison with the new catagories.php and product_info.php after seeing that the popup_imageX.php files were the same in both the catalog and admin directories...


The result was that the new catagories.php was calling the image popups in a different way than the product_info.php. I made the following changes in catagories.php, and the pop-ups all work in admin preview for me now: :)


1. I changed the line that creates the links, around 774


<a href="java script:popupImageWindow('<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, '&bimage=' . DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $products_bimage_name); ?>')">




<a href="java script:popupImageWindow('<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']); ?>')">


2. Then the six more lines that show and call the extra pop-ups, around 793-800, in each case substituting the pID variable for the filename variable:




<a href="java script:popupImageWindow('<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE1, '&bsubimage1=' . DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $products_bsubimage1_name); ?>')">




<a href="java script:popupImageWindow('<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE1, 'pID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']); ?>')">


and so on for the next five calls...


The difference is just the parameter sent with the call to the pop-up file.

There may be a better way to send the pID parameter, but this workaround seemed ok to me. Also, changing the catagories.php seemed easier than changing all seven popupX.php files to use the image parameter...


Hoping this helps.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Richard,


thanks for that!!!

It did work. I had to replace the popup_imagex files in the Admin folder, with the ones from the catalog folder, though.


Now, it work fine!


Thanks again!



Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I'm having a problem when copying products as links.


I keep getting an error displaying an SQL statement with errors.

(I'm not on my test computer so I'm unable to post the details yet... though I will when I get back to it.)


Does everyone have this same problem?




"The price of success is perseverance. The price of failure comes much cheaper."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...